Friday, November 22, 2013

Gray Vireos: A Coda


Gray Vireo, photo copyright & courtesy of Deb Vogt
Thanks, everyone, for the Gray Vireo emails and all the location info!  (Just so you know – I really use that location information, entering them into one of my databases – next year’s map will be including all of these new sites!) 

I wanted to share a few photos Deb Vogt sent me – in June, she found a pair of Gray Vireos and their nest down in southern Nevada.  She thought they were feeding a fledgling deep in the tree – one parent “cussed her out”, while the other sang.  I hadn’t seen a Gray Vireo nest before, so I was happy to finally get to see a picture, at least!  Thanks, Deb!


Happy birding,
Jen




Gray Vireo nest, copyright & courtesy of Deb Vogt















No comments:

Post a Comment